Trehalose is a plant-based, non-reducing disaccharide. It can be used for food contact and packaging applications.
Trehalose is present in the bodies of small animals such as tardigrades and in plants such as Selaginella, and thus allows them to survive in harsh environments such as deserts. Many researchers have demonstrated that trehalose protects cells and proteins from the stress of freezing and desiccation.
Dried Selaginella 2h after water supply 8h after water supply
PRODUCT is MADE IN JAPAN
- Functional fibre material (e.g. sportswear)
- Microbial preparation (e.g. protect lactic acid bacteria)
- Moisturizer (e.g. exhaust gas filter DPF)
- Frost inhibitor (e.g. to protect the air conditioner outdoor unit)
- Cultural property protection material (e.g. to protect excavated wooden property)
・Heat resistance, acid resistance, alkali resistance
・Stabilization by vitrification
- White crystalline powder.
- Soluble in water, DMSO, DMF; poorly soluble
- Insoluble in other organic solvents