- Additive for oral solutions (Ex: stabilizer, taste masking, solubility enhancer for minerals)
- Excipient for solid oral dosage form
Purity: Not less than 99.0 %
- Ph. EUR
- Trehalose is 38% as sweet as a 5% solution of sucrose, with less aftertaste and an overall “clean” taste profile.
- Trehalose is a non-reducing saccharide, which when heated does not caramelize or participate in Maillard reactions. These properties make trehalose advantageous when processing and heat-sterilization are required.
- Trehalose remains exceptionally stable in the presence of heat and acid. Trehalose can tolerate a pH of 2 at 100̊C for 24 hours.
- Due to its low hygroscopicity, trehalose remains free flowing at high relative humidity.
- The glass-transition temperature (Tg) of trehalose is approximately 120̊C, which is higher among disaccharides. Consequently, trehalose maintains a stable glass state at higher temperatures.
20 kg PE bag in carton box
Volker WagnerSales Manager