DENAZYME NNC is a pure, microbial protease with high collagenase activity.
As the leading food-grade protease, it can be used to tenderize all kinds of meat.
The effect is most visible when compared to meat which has not been matured / aged. The meat is effectively tenderized without negative effects on the red “muscle” meat fibres (actin-myosin filaments). It is produced via microbial fermentation of a Streptomyces sp. strain.
- Reduces processing / cooking time of meat products such as “pulled” or canned meat products
- Tenderizes meat products without breaking down non-collagen proteins
(“red” muscle meat fibers remain intact)
Effective and controlled tenderization even during long storage periods
- When collagen substrate has been broken down, the achieved meat texture remains stable
- Highly pure enzyme activity with high specificity towards collagen
- Easily inactivated during meat processing (cooked meat products)
- Produced by microbial fermentation, kosher & halal, GRAS
How does it work?
Connective tissue in meat is largely composed of collagen. It is the reason for the tough texture of meat which has not undergone maturation / aging. DENAZYME NNC selectively hydrolyzes collagen, resulting in a significant tenderization of the meat. Breaking down collagen gives meat various benefits, including increased tenderness, higher juiciness and a better taste due to an increased amount of free amino acids.